LOCAL Public Eatery (“LOCAL Public Eatery”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to maintaining the security, confidentiality and privacy of your personal information.
SCOPE OF POLICY
- Business contact information; and
- Certain publicly available information.
COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Types of Information Collected
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Usage Data
Usage Data & Cookies
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Use of Your Personal Information
When collecting personal information, we will state the purpose of collection and will provide, on request, contact information should you have any questions about the collection.
We may collect, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To manage your comments and requests: to attend to and manage your comments and requests to us.
- To provide you with news, special offers, contests and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the service. The personal information you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available to you as a registered user.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide and maintain our service , including to monitor the usage of our service.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the service.
- To authenticate your identity and process your payment through our third-party payment processors.
- To protect us, you and others from fraud and error and to safeguard our business interests.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
The above collections, uses and disclosures area a reasonably necessary part of your relationship with us. We might also collect, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience with us through our website and through our customer service representatives.
- To allow us and third parties to offer additional or alternate products and services to you.
- To evaluate and improve our products and services.
You may instruct us to refrain from using or sharing your personal information in any or all of the four ways described above at any time by providing written notification to our Privacy Officer. We acknowledge that the sharing of your personal information in any or all of the four ways described above is at your option and we will not refuse you access to any product or service merely because you have advised us to stop using or sharing your personal information in any or all of the four ways shown.
When your personal information is to be used for a purpose not previously identified, the new purpose will be disclosed to you prior to such use, and your consent will be sought unless the use is authorized or required by law.
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where we are authorized or required by law to do so without consent. For example, we may collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent where:
- The information is publicly available, as defined by statute or regulation;
- We are obtaining legal advice; or
- We reasonably expect that obtaining consent would compromise an investigation or proceeding.
Other exceptions may apply.
Your consent can be express, implied or given through an authorized representative such as a lawyer, agent or broker.
Consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through inaction (such as when you fail to notify us that you do not wish your personal information collected/used/disclosed for various purposes after you have received notice of those purposes) or otherwise.
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal, contractual and other restrictions, provided that you give reasonable notice of withdrawal of consent to us. On receipt of notice of withdrawal of consent, we will inform you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal of consent, which may include the inability of us to provide certain services for which that information is necessary.
Limits on Collection of Personal Information
We will not collect personal information indiscriminately but will limit collection of personal information to that which is reasonable and necessary. We will also collect personal information as authorized by law.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
LIMITS FOR USING, DISCLOSING AND RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will only be used or disclosed for the purposes set out above and as authorized by law.
We will keep personal information used to make a decision affecting you for at least one year after using it to make the decision, except to the extent that you delete or remove that information yourself. If you choose to end your membership with us, it is your responsibility to delete your information if you do not want us to retain it for this one-year period.
We will destroy, erase or make anonymous documents or other records containing personal information as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the original purpose is no longer being served by retention of the information and retention is no longer necessary for a legal or business purpose.
We will take due care when destroying personal information so as to prevent unauthorized access to the information.
We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that personal information we are using or disclosing is accurate and complete.
If you demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information, we will amend the information as required. If appropriate, we will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed.
When a challenge regarding the accuracy of personal information is not resolved to your satisfaction, we will annotate the personal information under our control with a note that the correction was requested but not made.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We protect the personal information in our custody or control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
We will take reasonable steps, through contractual or other reasonable means, to ensure that a comparable level of personal information protection is implemented by the suppliers and agents who assist in providing services to us. Some specific safeguards may include:
- Physical measures such as locked filing cabinets;
- Organizational measures such as restricting employee access to files and databases as appropriate;
- Electronic measures such as passwords and firewalls; and
- Investigative measures where we have reasonable grounds to believe that personal information is being inappropriately collected, used or disclosed.
Note that confidentiality and security are not assured when information is transmitted through e-mail or other wireless communication. Please notify us in writing if you do not want us to communicate with you through these means.
You have a right to access your personal information held by us.
Upon written request and authentication of identity, we will provide you your personal information under our control. We will also give you information about the ways in which that information is being used and a description of the individuals and organizations to whom that information has been disclosed. We may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so.
We will make the information available within 30 days of receiving a written request or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfil the request.
In some situations, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information (e.g., if disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual, the personal information is protected by solicitor/client privilege, the information was collected for the purposes of an investigation or where disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information that could harm the competitive position of us). We may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain personal information.
Where an access request is refused, we will notify you in writing, document the reasons for refusal and outline further steps which are available to you.
LOCAL Public Eatery
Suite 2400 – 1177 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC, V6E 2K3, Canada